Saints and Scholars Fellowship
Applicants are now being sought for the Saints and Scholars Fellowship.
The Foundation is seeking one Fellow to further the mission of the Foundation. The Fellow will be a volunteer teacher at Mater Dei Academy, and will receivea separate honorarium from the Foundation.
The Foundation invites applications from teachers and educators who wish to contribute in Ireland across the broad spectrum of Catholic classical education. Candidates should consider the following before applying:
- The Foundation is committed to supporting independent Catholic schools and learning communities which do not receive Irish government funding.
- The Foundation will only support work which is clearly faithful to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, whether lay-led or affiliated with a religious community.
- The Foundation will prioritize fellowship support to teachers, as distinct from other education professionals such as managers, coaches or business development experts.
- The Foundation is committed to supporting a classical or liberal arts model of Catholic education and will prioritize proposals which support this.
- The recipient must be able to obtain an Irish visa that will permit him or her to spend a year volunteering in Ireland.
Potential applicants are invited to identify a host organization in Ireland and make suitable arrangements in advance of submitting their proposal to the Saints and Scholars Foundation.
1. The Fellowship is open to US citizens only.
2. The successful applicant should have prior experience in Catholic classical education, preferably in the classroom.
3. The successful applicant should have secured a position with a host organization in Ireland, either as employee or volunteer, prior to application to the Saints and Scholars Foundation.
4. The successful applicant will demonstrate a deep commitment to the Catholic faith and culture, and to passing them on through Catholic classical education in Ireland.
5. The successful applicant will demonstrate the capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment, a commitment to the welfare of young people and their intellectual development, excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail and schedules.
6. Applications should be made electronically to SaintsAndScholarsFoundation@gmail.com
- A statement of intent which addresses the key requirements of the Fellowship;
- A detailed curriculum vitae which describes the applicant’s prior experience in Catholic classical education;
- Three references with contact details who know the applicant;
- A cover letter accompanying the application.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Fellowship will provide financial support to the recipient of a minimum of $10,000 if funding allows.
2. Financial support will be provided to a US bank account only.
3. The Fellowship is intended to support the Fellow over a ten-month period.
4. Financial support will be provided on a staggered basis (monthly or bi-monthly payments) if funding allows.
5. The financial support is not a salary or payment for a service. The support is intended to further the goals of the Foundation as outlined in the successful applicant’s statement of intent. Any unforeseen expenses that arise for the successful applicant are not guaranteed.
6. The Fellowship will support the Fellow while he or she remains in place with the host organization in Ireland. Should the Fellow leave their position with the host organization, the fellowship will come to an immediate end.
7. It is the responsibility of the Fellow to make the Foundation aware of any changes to his/her travel plans or changes to the agreed appointment within the host organization after the application is received.
8. The Foundation expects to receive monthly reports and updates from the Fellow, including photos which will enable the Foundation to publicize the Fellowship.